Friday, January 06, 2006

Linklights and routers and hubs, oh my!

I am stupid. :) Tonight I decided to try troubleshooting our Internet connection (it's been down since Monday), so I called my roommate up and he gave me the IP address to access the router via HTTP. Did that and it looked like everything was in order, but I did notice that the Internet link wasn't lit up. (There was a WLAN link that was, however, and I'd assumed it was the link.) So I tried unplugging the cable that was hooked up to the Internet link and sure enough, it didn't make any difference, so I knew that there wasn't any link. Then it dawned on me: on Monday night I'd been moving stuff around in our living room, which is where the hub is, and it was entirely possible that I'd unplugged it without realizing it. Two seconds later my theory was proved correct, and the Internet's now back up and working fine. If only I'd tried that on Monday instead of today... ~sigh~ At least it was an easy fix, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home