Wednesday, January 04, 2006

LibraryThing

Have I mentioned LibraryThing yet? It's an online book cataloguing system with tags and all sorts of neat stuff. Right now I only have one book listed, but I started entering my books into an Excel spreadsheet this evening (300 so far, out of roughly 600 if my memory serves me correctly) and I'll put them into LibraryThing sometime this week. LibraryThing lets you enter 200 books for free; to get unlimited, you have to pay $10/year or $25 for a lifetime account. I'm pretty sure I'll end up getting a lifetime account. Why is LibraryThing worth $25? Well, the social aspects of it are quite intriguing -- you can see who else owns books that you own and see what kinds of other books they have (similar tastes), you can write/read reviews, and of course there's the king-of-the-hill attitude about having so many books (the largest "library" on the site right now is around 8,000 books, so I've got a ways to go :)). I'll post a link to my account once I get more books up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home