Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

After six posts in a single day, one day missed feels like a long time. :) The Internet connection at my apartment has been down since Monday night (hopefully they're getting it fixed right now), thus no post.

At work I've been writing a content management system for the Center's websites, but yesterday I had an epiphany: why should I reinvent the wheel when there are other CMSes out there that could do the job just as well? Since we're developing on .NET (~sigh~), there weren't as many choices available, but I did find DotNetNuke. It looks very promising and I'll be testing it out today and tomorrow. It's like an answer to a prayer. :)

I've started using del.icio.us. (It's an online bookmark manager but it's a lot cooler than that description makes it sound. :)) It'll be nice to access my bookmarks from anywhere, since I'm on my work computer half the time and my laptop the other half. And tagging is an ingenious concept. More on that later.

Last night I met with one of my friends and started planning out a CD we're going to put together. We'll write all the songs for it and then get it recorded (he'll provide the vocal talent and he has a friend down in Cedar City who has a recording studio). So the great songwriting adventure begins. :)

If you haven't noticed, I have a penchant for diving into a thousand projects at the same time. I really ought to go to juggling school... As of right now, the four main projects I'm working on are the Translating Scripture book design/layout (which is my top priority this week), Beyond, this songwriting bit, and entering the Mayhew Contest in all seven categories (visual arts, music composition, playwriting, short screenwriting, essay, poetry, and short story). And there are plenty of smaller projects as well. ~sigh~ Better busy than bored, right? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home