Friday, January 06, 2006

Joseph Smith: The Movie

This morning I took the bus up to Salt Lake with a friend and watched the new Joseph Smith movie. Amazing. I really, really liked it. Before I saw it, I was half afraid it wouldn't live up to my expectations, but there wasn't any cause for complaint (except that Pennsylvania was spelled "Pennsylvannia" in one of the subtitles and one of the subtitles at the very end wasn't quite centered, but those are completely inconsequential). I cried a lot. The cinematography was beautiful, the music was great, the acting was wonderful, and overall it really was an amazing movie. Five stars.

At work I've been fiddling with DotNetNuke, trying to get everything ready. Today I learned how to make my own skins and containers and it's working pretty well, thankfully. As for Blank Slate and company, I'll probably be switching to BlueHost.com and Joomla and Wordpress tomorrow if all goes well. And I've got to read half of The Great Divorce by Monday for the C.S. Lewis Society meeting. :) Last night I worked some more on the book design (for Translating Scripture). I wish I had a few more days before school started... ~sigh~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home